Botox (Neuromodulators) and Dermal Fillers
What should I expect at a consultation?
During an in-depth 30 minute consultation, the practitioner will discuss the following:
- Your detailed medical history. This includes any allergies you have, any potential contraindications (adverse reactions) and any previous cosmetic treatments you have had. List of medications you are taking.
- Your expected outcome. Your practitioner will discuss what you would like the treatment to achieve, short and long term and which areas of your face are your concerns. During your consultation, she will discuss procedures options and the costs that are comfortable and appropriate for you, including a skin care plan for your specific needs. The results may reveal that other treatments, such as a chemical skin peel or radiofrequency for example, are more suited than Botox & Dermal Fillers or they may be added to complement your Fillers and Botox treatment.
- Potential risks and side-effects of having Botox and Fillers. It’s important you are aware of the risks and side-effects of having Filler and Botox before having treatment. Common side-effects include temporary mild bruising, headache or slight swelling.
- Aftercare advice. You will be advised on what you should do to ensure your treatment is as effective as possible.
- The opportunity to ask questions. Throughout the consultation, you will be given ample opportunity to ask any questions and share any worries you have about the treatments.
- Time to make a decision. You need to make a decision about whether the treatment is right for you. At Defy Nature we give you as much time as you need once you have had your consultation and received your treatment plan.
- Sign a consent form. The last step before going ahead with treatment is to sign a consent form. One of our experts will talk you through the consent form and give you time to read it through before the treatment. When all forms are filled out and consent forms signed, the treatment can take place.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
We recommend you arrive 15 minutes early to fill out the paperwork or if it is more convenient you can bring them with you! Find the patient forms on our website at https://defynaturellc.com/patient-forms/ that are printable-ready.
Will my insurance cover these services?
Dermal Fillers and injectables are considered a cosmetic treatment and are not medically necessary so insurance will not cover these procedures.
We accept credit cards, cash, checks and offer Care Credit financing payable at the time of treatment.
How long will it take to see my results?
Our patients love to see us for fillers because they are always amazed to see instant results while still in the chair! With some of our fillers, they look better and better as time goes on.
For most, the results from Botox (a botulinum toxin) will appear 5-6 days after your treatment. Individual results may vary with any filler and injectable
How often do I need to come in?
Generally, dermal fillers last 12-18 months, however, we offer a Bellafill 5 year filler that is FDA approved to last for 5 years. Botox generally lasts 4-6 months. Individual results may vary.
Most of our clients schedule a complimentary Filler and Botox check within 2 weeks of the procedure so we make sure they are happy!
What skin care routine/products should I follow/use?
We offer a variety of the finest medical grade skin care products available only at a physician’s office recommended for post-procedure and daily skin care routines. Using these at home will help maintain your absolute best results. Our practitioner will discuss these in detail during your consultation.
Who is a good candidate for Fillers & Botox?
You may be a good candidate for dermal fillers and Botox if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Don’t smoke
- Have a positive outlook and realistic goals for the improvement of your appearance
- Are committed to maintaining good skin health including an “at home” regimen
- Wear sunscreen daily
Are there any reasons why I should not (contraindications) receive hyaluronic (HA’S) Dermal Filler injections?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding, as the safety of these products for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied and evaluated
- History of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- Evidence of scars at the intended treatment sites
- Acne and/or other inflammatory diseases of the skin, such as rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis,
- Allergic history including; – severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis),
- Immune responses to common allergens especially inhaled allergens and food allergens
- Allergy to natural rubber latex,
- Allergy to hyaluronic acid products,
- Treatment of allergens (desensitization therapy) during dermal filler treatment
- Acute or chronic skin disease, such as seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea, in or near the injection sites, or any infection or unhealed wound of the face
- Being treated for concomitant anticoagulant therapy, antiplatelet therapy, or have a history of bleeding disorders, clotting disorders such as hemophilia or connective tissue disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus
All devices and procedures involve a certain amount of risk. You should be aware of the expected and normal occurrences following tissue filler injections, as well as the possible complications.
Feel free to contact the staff members at Defy Nature if you have questions about the side effects or if you experience any. Please tell them if you have any other problems with your health or the way you feel, whether or not you think these problems are related to our products.